Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Part 7 - Third Appointment

Wednesday September 26 2012 @ 4:30pm slt

Another day, another doctor's appointment. I got ready, had a quick snack and then went off to the clinic for my appointment. I arrived just on time to see the doctor walking towards the waiting area to get me. We greeted each other with a smile, spoke for a bit, and then I followed her to the exam room.

Part 7 - Third Appointment

As usual Dr.Rhy was very sweet and welcoming. She asked me the usual questions to make sure my health and the babies weren't showing signs of distress. I told her I had been feeling pretty great, took my vitamins daily, was eating properly and that the munchkin was making me crave a lot lol...she laughed of course as she knows what it's like. Once that was over with I got changed so we could begin checking vitals & the exam.

Part 7 - Third Appointment (checking weight)

After I was changed, the doctor led me over to the scale to check my weight to make sure I was at a healthy weight for the pregnancy. She jotted down the info in the chart and then told me my weight was good. Once we finished that, she led me over to check my blood pressure and other vitals, which thankfully all came back normal except that my blood pressure was a bit low so she told me I needed to relax more & not do anything strenuous. Next, we went over to the examination table to do a belly exam.

Part 7 - Third Appointment (belly exam)

She proceeded to press around on different areas of the abdomen to make sure everything was alright. She kept asking me along the way if I felt any discomfort or pain, to let her know which thankfully I didn't have any. After we finished up there, I proceeded to the ultrasound table and got prepped to see my little one.

Part 7 - Third Appointment (ultrasound)

At first it took a bit for me to be able to see that little munchkin, but slowly things came into focus. I could see she had her thumb in her mouth and her head was facing the screen. Technology now a days is amazing for so many reasons, this being one of them.

Part 7 - Third Appointment (clearer pic)

Finally the picture came into focus and I could see so many little features on my baby girl. I just kept smiling the whole time, while watching her move around. It's fascinating to see them in development over the months. The doctor of course began giving me info on the height and weight of the baby at this stage, along with facts on the development/different things the baby can do now. Before we finished up, she turned on the fetal heart monitor for a bit to write the info down on the baby's heartbeat. I love hearing it, it always makes the experience more real. 

Part 7 - Third Appointment (ready to get cleaned up)

After that the doctor offered to help me up and I jokingly blamed the baby for the weight. My doctor turned and said "its ok baby we know its really the mommies fault but they blame the babies!". We both laughed quite a bit and then I got up to get ready and cleaned up. Once I was done, I as usual thanked the doctor for everything and told her I'd see her next week. Now time to go relax and get the blood pressure back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment