Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Part 2 - Visit to the Doctor


It's all becoming a reality...

The other day when I found out I was pregnant, I of course first called my sister to tell her because I needed someone to talk to and help me process it all. Once I hung up with her, I immediately called the doctor's office to make an appointment at their earliest convenience. They booked me in for today, September 8th 2012 at 7:00pm. I gladly took the info down and thanked the receptionist.

Once I arrived, I checked in with the receptionist and then proceeded to the waiting room. I sat there for a bit, semi nervous but definitely not half as much as 3 days ago. Thankfully the waiting room was empty so I could hear my own thoughs without distractions. It was quite a lovely clinic from what I'd seen so far.
Part 2 - Visit to the Dr. (In the waiting Room)

After waiting about twenty minutes, the doctor walked into the waiting room to greet me and then showed me the way to her office. We spoke for a bit and then she wrote up the referrals for me to go down for blood work and there I was also given a cup to do another pregnancy test. After all of that was done, I was led back to her office for further discussion. 

Part 2 - Visit to the Dr. (In her office)

We came up with a birth plan that best suited me. She informed me about what to expect in the first trimester, gave me some pamphlets and gave me a pregnancy starter kit. It included the prenatal vitamins, Do's & Dont's of pregnancy as well as a card with my tentative appointment dates for the next couple of weeks/months. I'm really happy with the clinic staff, especially my doctor. I thanked her for everything and then went home. I sat down to read the info pamphlets and take it easy for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment