Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Part 9 - Lamaze

October 3 2012 Lamaze Class @ 4:30pm slt

My favorite day has arrived. Today was my Lamaze class appointment. When I arrived the doctor was waiting for others to show up as well. The classes are open to current patients so anyone who fits that criteria can show up the classes. One other girl whom I'd met before at the clinic, showed up as well which was nice. After waiting awhile, the doctor told us to follow her so we could begin. We rode up in the elevator which I was glad to do seeing as waddling up steps isn't an easy task lol

Part 9 - Lamaze (waiting for elevator)

Once we got upstairs the instructor turned on her mic and started telling us some introductions to Lamaze and the various techniques we'd be learning about. Then she led us over to the cushions on the carpet so we could practice breathing and sitting positions.

Part 9 - Lamaze (group sitting exercises)

We all sat down and followed along with various breathing techniques. The doctor also taught us lots about the delivery itself and gave us tips on various delivery scenarios based on her experiences with the different patients she's had. (she also taught us some more logical and realistic ways to role play various birth/delivery scenarios as she's had many who ask for one thing and do the opposite lol). I knew a lot of the breathing techniques because I learned them in other medical and just daily life situations.

Part 9 - Lamaze (me practising)
*look at me all ready for when this baby is ready to come out ha-ha!*

We practiced a few more breathing exercises and of course talked about other pregnancy/delivery experiences. The doctor was very diplomatic and proper about talking about other experiences, not once did she say anything bad about other places. She then told us why her & her sister started the clinic which was to give people a realistic experience, various options and a warm friendly environment to make patients feel comfortable. The other girl and I smiled and then the three of us moved over to the Lamaze balls.

Part 9 - Lamaze (on the ball - group exercises)

At first I was afraid my balance might be off due to the baby bump lol but luckily for me the ball keeps you steady. They say the ball is great for contractions and helps a lot of women during their delivery process. I'm thinking I might use it, we'll see what happens. It was definitely fun practicing on it. 

Part 9 - Lamaze (me on the lamaze ball practising)

We practiced breathing, and talked for quite awhile. The session/appointment went a lot longer than I expected but it was great talking to the two women. We learned a lot, gossiped a bit, exchanged stories and overall had a great time. I'm definitely prepared and totally ready for when the day comes to bring this baby girl into the world. I said goodbye to both ladies and went on home. Next week its massage time woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment